My past two posts have been about the ♦bad water and ♦nasty boat house at the Fisherman’s Intracoastal Cottage we rented this past June. It is located in New Smyrna Beach on the east coast of Florida – right along the waterway, which would ordinarily be a fabulous place to stay. Trouble with the water in the house should definitely have been made clear up front, and it wasn’t. In fact, why agree to rent a place at all that has such a drastic problem? And I do consider horrid water to be a BIG problem. We couldn’t drink it, cook with it, or wash clothes in it. It turned everything yukky – like the coffee pot we found in the kitchen. Seriously? You expect me to make coffee in that?
The water smelled funny and tasted really strange so even brushing our teeth meant using bottled water.
Washing dishes (no dishwasher here) never really meant they seemed clean, and showering was fun in the one tiny upstairs shower – and it was hot up there. As I’ve mentioned, the AC doesn’t get upstairs well. Even the shower curtain was nasty – most likely from that water. And the toilets showed exactly the damage rusty water can cause.
I don’t want it to sound like I am blaming the cleaning personnel. They most likely do the best they can with what they have. But when the toilets are permanently yellow and rusted how much can you do to make the place look right?
- Florida Vacation Rental House Review, Part 1 (seashellsbymillhill.com)
- Pictures of Seashells Collected at New Smyrna Beach (seashellsbymillhill.com)
- The Fisherman’s Cottage Rental, A Review Part 2 (seashellsbymillhill.com)
- Florida Vacation Rental Review, Part 4 (seashellsbymillhill.com)
- Florida Vacation Fisherman’s Cottage Rental Review, Part 5 (seashellsbymillhill.com)