I love to draw…but as a single mom, working full time, I can’t find the time to do it as much as I’d like. I recently added the “Paint.net” program to my PC and although I haven’t totally figured it out yet, I found this cool enhancement to turn my photos into “drawings”, and much faster than I could ever draw the picture! I realize it doesn’t compare to a hand drawn work of art, but I think the colored pencil effect did come out nicely.
I’m still planning to do more seashell drawings using my pencils…one day. It’s much more rewarding than clicking a button. In the mean time, check out Flandrum Hill’s blog and see her beautiful drawings of shells she finds up in Nova Scotia. If you love nature…you will love her entire blog.
Seashells and places you’ll find them.While living in Florida my family collected loads of seashells over the years. I took them for granted and never thought too much about the creatures who made them or their lives under the sea, until recently. Now that I use them as part of my work, I have a renewed interest in them. Beyond collecting and photographing seashells, I like to write about tropical locations where you may stumble across that perfect shell.
Find a Shell
- 237,584 hits
- Seashell Identification Charts For Florida Shellers
- Head North – From Disney World
- Keep Your Eyes Open for Sea Sponges
- A Seashell Quest
- Stop by Bealls and Pick Up The Greatest Cup Ever
- The Rocky Beaches of Florida
- Five Things I Want to Do on My Florida Vacation
- How To Survive a Beach Vacation
- Take it From The Pro – The Sanibel Six (Seashells That Is)
- Santa is Making His List – on a Sand Dollar